Happy New Year!
As January begins I am beginning my Veganuary journey, and here is my first recipe of 2019 which I adapted from a recipe my sister cooked me by 3 fois par jour. Needless to say… it was delicious!
Tofu and Coconut Milk Curry
Ingerdients: Tofu cut into chunks, Fresh Coriander, Toasted Almonds, Olive Oil
For the sauce: 1 can coconut milk, 2 diced tomatoes, 1 large onion (roughly chopped), 1 tablespoon coconut oil, 2 gloves of garlic (crushed), 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (grated), 2 teaspoons turmeric, 2 teaspoons garam masala, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes (or less if you don’t like spice!)
- Prepare the tofu by squeezing out the excess water and leaving it pressed to remove any excess.
- Cook the onion and spices in a pan for 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for several more minutes.
- Pour the paste, coconut milk, and tomato into a pot. Season generously and bring to a boil.
- Add the tofu and simmer for 15–20 minutes.
- Serve with basmati rice, toasted almonds, and fresh coriander.